"More than a publication"
Home > Events > Community > NEW DATE: Band Announcement for Famously Hot New Year Set for Oct. 22, 2015, 11 a.m.

NEW DATE: Band Announcement for Famously Hot New Year Set for Oct. 22, 2015, 11 a.m.

Bringing diverse communities together to celebrate a new year of strength and renewal – and to support S.C. Flood Relief Fund drive

SCStrongOct. 19, 2015 (COLUMBIA, S.C.) — Mayor Steve Benjamin and Famously Hot New Year (FHNY) will host a press conference announcing the national headliner for Famously Hot New Year – South Carolina’s largest free New Year’s Eve celebration – rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015 at 11 a.m. at Capitol Center Plaza (1201 Main St.), located at the corner of Main and Gervais in downtown Columbia, S.C.

In its fifth year, Famously Hot New Year will extend its mission of bringing diverse communities together by supporting a #SCStrong fundraising drive for the S.C. Flood Relief Fund at Central Carolina Community Foundation. We stand in solidarity with our region and look forward to ringing in a new year of resilience and renewal in South Carolina. Donate to the cause here: www.yourfoundation.org/scfloodrelief

Famously Hot New Year is South Carolina’s biggest New Year’s Eve party, with a free concert by a national act and a midnight fireworks display – the largest in the two Carolinas – set at the historic State House on S.C.’s Main Street in Columbia, S.C. Guests of all ages enjoy local food vendors; homegrown S.C. opening bands; beer, wine and bubbly; family-friendly activities; a comfortable, safe festival atmosphere; Budweiser Alert Cab discounts; special COMET bus service with park-and-ride locations; free parking in city garages and more.

In its fifth year, #FHNY has grown from 20,000 attendees in 2011 to an all-encompassing celebration for 28,000 guests in 2014. Attendance numbers are estimated based on gate counts for the concert, as well as headcount at partner events on Main Street such as the City of Columbia’s WOW Kids Carnival, Main Street Ice and last year’s Main Street Crit footrace. (Note: The Main Street Crit will not take place on NYE this year.)

Instead of hosting a ticketed VIP party, Famously Hot New Year will encourage the public to support local hospitality businesses by attending their special pre- and post-event parties, dinners and more.

70% of FHNY’s funding is provided by private sponsors and corporate citizens such as BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, with the remaining 30% funded by hospitality tax via the City of Columbia and Richland County. This year’s nonprofit fiscal agent for Famously Hot New Year is the nonprofit radio station WXRY 99.3, one of the original entities involved in conceiving the event.

For more information and to plan your #FHNY, visit FamouslyHotNewYear.com.

Famously Hot New Year: SC’s Largest Free NYE Celebration
Date: Thursday, December 31, 2015
Time: 6:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m.
Location: Main & Gervais in downtown Columbia, SC
Price: Free

About Famously Hot New Year

Set on South Carolina’s Main Street, Famously Hot New Year is the Palmetto State’s largest New Year’s Eve party, with a free, live outdoor concert by a national headliner and the most colossal NYE fireworks display in the two Carolinas. In its fifth year, Famously Hot New Year extends its mission of bringing diverse communities together by supporting the S.C. Flood Relief Fund at Central Carolina Community Foundation, with the hope of ringing in a new year of strength and renewal for our #SCStrong state. Last year, Famously Hot New Year drew a diverse crowd of more than 28,000 guests from across the region and nation to enjoy the free concert and fireworks; regional food vendors; plentiful cash bars with beer, wine and bubbly in a festival atmosphere; a family-friendly street carnival and ice rink; free parking and more in vibrant downtown Columbia, S.C., the “New Southern Hot Spot.” Plan your #FHNY and donate to #SCFloodRelief at www.famouslyhotnewyear.com

SOCIAL                    Facebook: Facebook.com/FamouslyHotNewYear

Twitter: @FamouslyHotNYE

Periscope: @FamouslyHotNYE

Instagram: @FamouslyHotNYE

Pinterest: Pinterest.com/FamouslyHotNYE

YouTube: YouTube.com/FamouslyHotNewYear

Google+: plus.google.com/+FamouslyHotNewYear

 

HASHTAGS                #FHNY

#FHNYinfo

#GiveAToast

MEDIA CONTACT

Chloe Rodgers, Flock and Rally, 843.230.1611, chloe@flockandrally.com

Tracie Broom, Flock & Rally, 415.235.5718, tracie@flockandrally.com

Like What You See?

Comments

comments