Midlands Anchor is a web-based publication showcasing Midlands talent, events, philanthropy and development. The mission of the Anchor is to connect Midlands communities, spur engagement, and promote a collective voice that will ignite and transform the region. The publication is currently seeking (two) interns to begin immediately.
The Publications Intern will be responsible for assisting the Publisher and Chief Journalist, as well as spreading the name of Midlands Anchor through online mediums such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat. The intern will be responsible for day to day assignments related to managing and publishing a daily web-based publication and newsletter. Other responsibilities may include:
- Occasionally attend association breakfasts, lunches and after hour events and highlight visits using social media
- Maintain and publish Midlands Event Calendar
- Interview community and business leaders to assist with production of inspirational, informative and educational pieces
- Photograph events
- Upload and format articles in WordPress. Promote content and engage with community via social media.
- Assist with designing and formatting monthly e-newsletter
- Assist the Editor in Chief with miscellaneous publication tasks
- Assist Chief Journalists with projects and stories
- Progression towards College Degree with interest in Publication, Journalism, Writing, Photography, History, Politics or relatable field
- Knowledge of and experience with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and WordPress
- Ability to multitask and set goals; self-driven work ethic
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Team player attitude
10 hours per week. May be negotiated prior to start date.
Compensation & Duration
This is a competitive volunteer position with college credit opportunities. Any work-related expenses will be compensated. Internships are offered for one semester period and may be renewed based on performance. Chosen candidate may be eligible for hire based on performance.
Start Date January 9th, 2017
Application Instructions Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com