Eligible for University Credit
Midlands Anchor is a local news publication showcasing Midlands talent, events, philanthropy and development. The mission of the Anchor is to connect engaged citizens through regionally relevant stories.
The Publishing and Events Intern will be responsible for assisting the CEO and Board Chair, as well as gathering, publishing, and promoting Midlands event content. The intern will be responsible for daily assignments related to managing and publishing a daily web-based publication. Other responsibilities may include:
- Maintain and publish Midlands Event Calendar
- Assist with publishing and promoting weekly events and general e-newsletters
- Occasionally attend Midlands breakfasts, lunches and after hour events and highlight visits using social media
- Attend and produce write-ups for Music Farm and other entertainment productions
- Photograph events
- Upload and format articles in WordPress. Promote content and engage with community via social media.
- Assist regional leaders and public relations professionals with event submissions and questions
- Promote event submission form using digital and in-person marketing strategy
- Assist the CEO and Assistant Publisher with miscellaneous publication tasks
- Occasionally assist Advisory Board Chair with projects and stories
- Help sell event promotional advertisement (eligible for bonus compensation based on performance)
- Progression towards Business Associates or College Degree with interest in Publishing, Journalism, Writing, Business, Photography, History, Politics or relatable field
- Knowledge of and experience with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram
- Experience with WordPress and/or MailChimp a plus
- Ability to multitask and set goals; self-driven work ethic
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Team player attitude
30 hours per week.
Compensation & Duration
$9/hour. Includes press passes to popular Midlands events and an end of the semester bonus based on performance. Internships are offered for one semester period and may be renewed or eligible for hire based on performance.
This position is eligible for university course credit.
Start Date Immediate
Application Instructions Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org