The Lexington County Museum’s employees have recently completed an exhibit on the museum’s John Fox House (built circa 1832) during the time period after John Fox lived in it. Currently, most of the house features period furnishings and is decorated the way John Fox may have had the house decorated around 1850. Fox, who bought the house in 1843, died in 1884. The Fox family and other people continued to live in the house until the mid 20th century. Friends of the Museum member Marvin Hendrix lived in the house with his family from the late 1930s through the 1950s.
The exhibit features photos taken by the Hendrix family during that time period that shows the rock garden then located next to the Fox House as well as a few of the structures that were located near the Fox House. These photos as well as photos of the restoration of the Fox House show how the house and the landscape surrounding the house have changed over time. The exhibit is located inside the Fox House in what was originally a bedroom.