For over a decade, local musicians have organized JerryFest to commemorate rock guitarist and music industry icon, Jerry Garcia. The Five Points Association, in conjunction with alternative clothing store Loose Lucy’s, will be hosting this year’s JerryFest. JerryFest is a free and family friendly outdoor concert to celebrate the life and art of Jerry Garcia. Garcia was best known for his work as lead guitarist for the Grateful Dead and several albums as a solo artist. He was also ranked 46th in Rolling Stones “100 Greatest Guitarists,” near John Lennon ranked 55th and Prince ranked 33rd.
Event Date and Timeline:
- Sunday, October 2nd at the Five Points fountain
- 2pm – Columbia Community Drum Circle
- 3pm – 10pm – Live Music
- 10pm – After Party (Location: Breakers Live ft. Cletus Baltimore and special guest, Hays Adams)
- Local food and artisan vendors
- Free, pet and family friendly event
- Live music kicking off at 2pm with the Columbia Community Drum Circle
- Entertainment from the Columbia Marionette Theatre
- Loose Lucy’s co-owner James D. McCallister, author of the Grateful Dead-themed Fellow Traveler, will offer copies of his new novel Let the Glory Pass Away, a tribute to the local arts community, in advance of its January 2017 official release.
In order of performance times, starting at 3pm
- Mountain Express Band
- George Fetner & The Strays
- Alien Carnival
Arts & Crafts Vendors:
- Carolina Soapworks – offering a variety of natural, homemade goat’s milk soaps
- Emerald’s Artistry – offering face and body painting
- Hippy Do-Da – offering free spirit and bohemian inspired handmade jewelry
- January Remingtonn – offering handmade hats and candles
- K. Shea Designs – offering handcrafted patchwork accessories, bags, and more
- Michael Geddings Art – offering charcoal prints and other artwork
- Spread Love Designs – offering jewelry, paintings, mixed media, up-cycled treasures, and more with a bohemian, hippie spirit
- Stoned Beautiful Jewelry – offering hand constructed jewelry using natural gem stones, minerals, pearls, and shells
- Truly Enchanted Company – offering a variety of eclectic wall hangings, various clay arts, beaded jewelry, patchwork clothing, and up-cycled items
- Weir Everywhere – offering handmade hats and bags
- Brain Freeze Italian Ice
- DeVendra’s Vegan Delights Bakery
- Lambs’ Bread
- Village Idiot Pizza
JerryFest would not be possible without the support from these Midlands’ businesses: KW Beverage, Stone Brewing Co., CJ’s, Loose Lucy’s, Business Network Consulting, The Mad Platter, Papa Jazz, Jake’s, Listen Local, and the City of Columbia.
For more information about JerryFest, please visit www.FivePointsColumbia.com.