FWD.US is an organization started by key leaders in the Tech Community like Facebook Founder & CEO Mark Zuckerberg to promote policies to keep the United States and its citizens competitive in a global economy—including comprehensive immigration reform and education reform.
The Tech Industry is a community of dreamers and doers, entrepreneurs and engineers. We imagine new possibilities, and then make them real. The mission of FWD.US is to mobilize support of policies that keep the American Dream achievable in the 21st century. FWD.US is making great stride is creating such wholesale reform and has been a fantastic partner here in South Carolina.
While there is little argument that our immigration system is broken, there is significant disagreement as to how to fix it. FWD.US believes that a wholesale reform of U.S. immigration policy is in order, and that if it is done right, it will help drive growth in our economy, create millions of jobs and cut the budget deficit.
Benefits of Responsible Reform Vs Cost of Mass Deportation
- Increase GDP by 4.8% … Vs … Reduce GDP by 6%
- Lower the federal deficit by $1.2 trillion … Vs … Shrink the labor force by 6.4%, costing 11 million workers over 20 years
- $300 billion added to the Social Security Trust Fund … Vs …$400-600 billion in additional government spending
To do so, FWD.US brings together a diverse group of organizers, entrepreneurs, and innovators. By mobilizing supporters through local chapters and online advocacy, we enable them to engage their elected leaders and win transformational policy changes.
FWD.US supports comprehensive immigration reform, improving the quality of American education, and encouraging more investment in scientific innovation.
- Increase Security Funding for our Borders & Background Verification Technology
- Unlock Immigrants’ Economic Potential in a way that creates more U.S. job opportunities
- Create a Pathway to Legalization for those willing to contribute