CAYCE, SC – It’s official! The City of Cayce’s Guignard Park will reopen Saturday, October 15th at 11:00am. Please join us for the grand reopening festivities! The park has undergone multiple improvements over the past months.
Mayor Elise Partin kicks off the festivities at 11:00am, which includes a pop up art event from 11:00am to 5:00pm with local artists showcasing and selling their work. The Cayce Avenues Association will be grilling hot dogs for guests (while supplies last) and Cayce city staff will be leading guided walks showcasing the improvements to the park.
Improvements to the park include:
· New ADA compliant sidewalks for access throughout the park
· New benches, picnic tables, and trashcans
· Reclaimed brick pavers for the entrance and various seating areas
· New retaining wall along the creek and creek stabilization
· New picnic shelter and existing picnic shelters improved
· New bicycle racks installed at parking lot
· New concrete Ping-Pong table
The Mayor and District 1 Council member Tara Almond will be playing the first games at the new concrete Ping-Pong table. Come join them and play a game! This is a free, family-friendly event! We look forward to our residents joining in the fun and enjoying the many new features Guignard Park has to offer.