Each year, hundreds of thousands of people across the United States end up hospitalized due to the flu, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In an effort to offer local residents access to preventive care, Richland Library is once again partnering with Walgreens to offer free, flu shots over the next few months.
The flu shot clinics are scheduled at the following Richland Library locations:
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Tuesday, September 26 at Main
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Wednesday, October 4 at Eastover
- 5 – 7 p.m., Wednesday, October 11 at North Main
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Saturday, October 14 at Edgewood Outpost (2336 Elmwood Ave.)
- 12 – 2 p.m., Wednesday, October 25 at Southeast
- 12 – 2 p.m., Saturday, October 28 at Ballentine
- 3 – 5 p.m., Wednesday, November 1 at St. Andrews
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Wednesday, November 8 at Blythewood
- 1 – 3 p.m., Wednesday, November 15 at Cooper
- 2 – 4 p.m., Saturday, November 18 at Sandhills
Registration is not required. Just drop in during the designated times. Flu shots are available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
The flu shot clinics are open to anyone – 12 years and older. Children, ages 12 to 17, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
To learn more about who should get a flu shot and why, click here.