The Five Points Association welcomes the community to the third concert of this season’s Five After Five, a free and family friendly outdoor concert series in the heart of Five Points, at the fountain. Throughout the 19th season of this free event, patrons can expect to enjoy five evenings of great local music, brews, food and fun times starting in April, on the first Sunday of each month, through August. Previous seasons have been held on a Thursday evening.
Five After Five Highlights:
- Remaining Dates: June 4, July 2, August 6 // 5pm – 9pm
- Local food, arts, and crafts vendors
- Enhanced family friendly entertainment, to include: sidewalk chalk, bubbles, face painting, and more
- NEW FOR 2017! Members of Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) get one complimentary beer per concert this season
- NEW FOR 2017! Members of Pure Barre get one complimentary beer per concert this season
- Bands for each concert will be announced the previous month
June 4th Concert Details:
- The Herbie Jeffcoat Projekt (opener)
The Herbie Jeffcoat Projekt, originating in Columbia, SC, exemplifies a liquefied mix of genres. The band consists of Herbie Jeffcoat (a rock guitarist), Whitney Keen (a gospel drummer), Brian Sansbury (a jazz pianist), and Mike Mills (a metal bassist). The Projekt is guaranteed to twist your head off with their unique funk fusion style.
- Atlas Road Crew (headliner)
South Carolina rock ‘n’ roll, shot with southern soul accents. Formed in the fall of 2011, Atlas Road Crew is rapidly building one of the most loyal fan bases on the east coast, packing venues to capacity from South Carolina to New York City, and expanding quickly to major US cities in between. The overwhelming positive response to the band’s latest recorded effort, Halfway to Hopkins, produced by Grammy Award winning producer Rick Beato, has this young band quickly becoming the south east’s “must see” live act of 2017.
- Bois Obscur (closing DJ)
Bois Obscur hails from Columbia, SC and adds a unique twist to his sets, blending late 90’s and early 2000’s hip-hop/R&B with new club ready beats, as well as new electronic club music. No stranger to the big stage, he has opened for the likes of Skrillex and Charlotte, NC duo Styles&Complete. Unlike typical “house music,” Bois enjoys meandering in and out of tracks quickly to keep the set “alive”, as he puts it.
- Brain Freeze Italian Ice – offering Italian Ice in assorted flavors, as well as kettle corn
- The Belgian Waffle Truck – offering assorted gourmet Belgian waffles
- Pawleys Front Porch Food Truck – offering selections from their Five Points menu
Craft and Civic Vendors:
- Cinnamon Creations, Columbia Dog Wizard, Emerald’s Artistry Face Painting, Gymboree Play & Music, Hippy Do Da Creations, Orange Theory Fitness, SC Wildflours, and Sun Salt Moon
As always, Five After Five is FREE to the public, and patrons of all ages are encouraged to come enjoy the warm weather, music, food, and beverages. Each concert will take place at the Five Points fountain, from 5pm – 9pm. Parking is available on all streets in Five Points and is free all day. Pets are welcome.
Five After Five wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of these companies in the Midlands: KW Beverage, Michelob Ultra, CJ’s, Wolfe & Taylor Co., Orange Theory Fitness, Crescent Construction, Village Idiot Pizza, Yesterday’s, Jake’s, The Bird Dog, Pawleys Front Porch, Pita Pit, Saluda’s, WXRY, and the City of Columbia.
For more information about Five After Five, please visit www.FivePointsColumbia.com.