COLUMBIA, S.C. (May 20, 2016) – The Five Points Association welcomes the community to the second concert of this season’s Five After Five – a free and family friendly outdoor concert series in the heart of Five Points. Throughout the 18th season of this free event, patrons can expect to enjoy seven evenings of great local music, brews, food and fun times starting in April, and continuing on the fourth Thursday of each month until October.
Five After Five highlights:
- Remaining Dates: May 26, June 23, July 28, August 25, September 22, October 27, from 6:30-10pm
- Local brews, food, arts, and crafts vendors
- A neighborhood-wide “Wine Walk,” featuring complimentary wine, sales, and specials in all of your favorite retailers
- Enhanced family friendly entertainment, to include: sidewalk chalk, bubbles, face painting, and more
May 26th Concert Details:
- The High Divers The High Divers are new to Charleston, having moved there together last fall with the plan to start a band, and hit the road, already in mind. They seem to have a hit-the-ground-running mentality and a good situation where they’re already integrated into the Charleston music community. Charleston is a great fit for The High Divers, with its melting pot of talented musicians from across South Carolina and the country. The band pulls from a variety of classic influences from distinctly American rock n’ roll bands like Tom Petty and Wilco, to modern influences like Dr. Dog and Father John Misty. In addition to playing with The High Divers, some members also perform in Johnny Delaware’s live band.
- Ashes of Old Ways
Ashes of Old Ways is a collaborative musical venture featuring singer/songwriter/producer Dave Britt and singer/songwriter Bobby Sutton from Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC. These two artists have enjoyed success in the southeast with their solo careers, but feel that their musical message is even more powerful when combined. Between these songwriters is a catalog of over 50 unique, original songs. The act recently completed a successful southeastern tour and will be returning to the road in the summer of 2016.
Neighborhood “Wine Walk”:
*Hours may vary depending on location
- 2G’s Clothing – take an additional 50% off all Anthropologie and Free People clothing, all jewelry an additional 20% off
- Bluetile Skate Shop – Vans shoes for $29.99, plus all Huf footwear on sale at low prices!
- Good for the Sole Shoes – wine and lite bites, with $10 off every $50 spent
- Natural Vibrations – 10% off storewide
- Petal – 10% off storewide
- Revente – complimentary wine
- Sid & Nancy – complimentary wine
- STEEL GARDEN – 10% off storewide, excluding new arrivals
- Vestique – 10% off storewide
- Wildflower Boutique – 10% off your entire purchase
- Belgian Waffle Truck – offering assorted gourmet waffles
- Yesterday’s Restaurant – offering pulled pork tacos with black bean salsa, and hamburgers
Brain Freeze Italian Ice – offering assorted flavors of Italian ice
Arts & Crafts and Civic Vendors:
- 8 Petals
- Carolina Soapworks
- Columbia Fireflies
- Fit Columbia
- Hippy Do Da
- Sup Dog Co.
- The Dog Wizard
As always, Five After Five is FREE to the public, and patrons of all ages are encouraged to come enjoy the warm weather, music, food, and beverages. Each concert will take place at the Five Points fountain, from 6:30-10:00pm. Parking is available on all streets in Five Points and is FREE after 6:00pm, when meters stop running. Pets are welcome.
Five After Five wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of these companies in the Midlands: KW Beverage, Bud Light, CJ’s, Village Idiot Pizza, Breakers Bar & Grill, Yesterday’s, Pinch, Jake’s, Pita Pit, WXRY, and the City of Columbia.
For more information about Five After Five, please visit www.FivePointsColumbia.com