The Five Points Association welcomes the community to the fifth concert of this season’s Five After Five – a free and family friendly outdoor concert series in the heart of Five Points. Throughout the 18th season of this free event, patrons can expect to enjoy seven evenings of great local music, brews, food and fun times starting in April, and continuing on the fourth Thursday of each month until October.
Five After Five highlights:
- Remaining Dates: August 25, September 22, October 27, from 6:30-10pm
- Local brews, food, arts, and crafts vendors
- A neighborhood-wide “Wine Walk,” featuring complimentary wine, sales, and specials in all of your favorite retailers
- Enhanced family friendly entertainment, to include: sidewalk chalk, bubbles, hula hoops, face painting, and more
August 25th Concert Details:
- The Mobros The Mobros are Kelly & Patrick Morris. The name simply stands for “Morris Brothers.” But while the chosen name for this electric songwriting duo may be simple, their songs are not so simplistic. Growing up in rural South Carolina, the brothers learned to draw from their surroundings, blending the sounds of soul, rock & roll, and Americana. Their music is both decidedly dark, yet light in nature. The Mobros have played their fair share of festivals, including Columbia’s Blues Festival, Fall for Greenville Music Festival, and a headlining slot at St. Pat’s in Five Points in 2012.
- The Restoration The Restoration’s members grew up performing in orchestras, church choirs, fiddle groups and rock bands in the small town of Lexington, South Carolina. Formed in 2007, the band have used their varied backgrounds as a lens for exploring the music and culture of their native soil, channeling storytelling and regional history through instrumentation associated with traditional and post-rock America alike. Musically, the band wishes to take part in the evolution of traditional and regional music, providing a living, contemporary voice that embraces overlapping genre boundaries while remaining aware and respectful of music history.
Neighborhood “Wine Walk”:
*Hours and specials vary depending on location
- 2G’s Clothing
- Bluetile Skate Shop
- Good for the Sole Shoes
- Natural Vibrations
- Sid & Nancy
- STEEL GARDEN
- Wildflower Boutique
- Brain Freeze Italian Ice
- Kiki’s Chicken & Waffles
- Village Idiot Pizza
Arts & Crafts and Civic Vendors:
- Carolina Cute Bowtique
- Columbia Dog Wizard
- Columbia Fireflies
- Hippy Do-Da
- Sebastian Harper
- Sup Dog Co.
- USC Athletics
As always, Five After Five is FREE to the public, and patrons of all ages are encouraged to come enjoy the warm weather, music, food, and beverages. Each concert will take place at the Five Points fountain, from 6:30-10:00pm. Parking is available on all streets in Five Points and is FREE after 6:00pm, when meters stop running. Pets are welcome.
Five After Five wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of these companies in the Midlands: KW Beverage, Bud Light, CJ’s, Village Idiot, Breakers Bar & Grill, Yesterday’s, Jake’s, Pita Pit, WXRY, and the City of Columbia.
For more information about Five After Five, please visit www.FivePointsColumbia.com.