COLUMBIA, S.C. (April 4, 2017) – On Tuesday, April 4, 2017, the Five Points Foundation awarded $47,750 to over 30 charities and non-profit organizations in the Midlands from revenue generated from the 35th Annual St. Pat’s in Five Points.
The St. Pat’s Committee is proud to share that this year’s festival saw great success, welcoming approximately 47,400 patrons into Columbia’s oldest entertainment district to celebrate all things Irish. The continued success of St. Pat’s in Five Points has allowed for nearly $1 million to benefit local charities over the celebration’s 35 year history.
- Ancient Order of Hibernians
- Boy Scout Troop 330
- Carolina Wrecking Balls
- City Year Columbia
- Columbia Bombshells
- Columbia Olde Grey Rugby
- Columbia Starlings
- Double Dutch Forces
- Dreher Band Booster Club
- First Nazareth Boy Scouts
- Gospel Music Workshop of America Midlands Chapter
- Happy Wheels
- HIV Aids Council
- Homeless Helping Homeless
- Impact Carolina
- Junior Women’s Club
- Knights of Columbus
- Moving Youth Forward
- Palmetto Project
- Palmetto Starlings Volleyball
- Quad Squad
- Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands
- Shades of View Dance Co.
- Share ONE Love
- Sierra Club
- Sustainable Midlands
- United Way of the Midlands
- Venture Crew
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Zion Pilgrim Baptist Step Team
- Zion Pilgrim Baptist Ushers
35th Annual St. Pat’s Numbers At-A-Glance:
- Approximately 47,400 patrons inside the gates
- Approximately 2,400 racers for the Get to the Green 15K / 10K / 5K / 1-Mile Family Fun Run
- 72 entries in the St. Pat’s Parade
- Over 35 local food and arts & crafts vendors
- Recyclables Collected: 1.24 tons
- Just over 640 volunteers
St. Pat’s in Five Points is one of Columbia’s signature events. The festival creates a $6 million economic impact on the City of Columbia each year. The Five Points Association is able to function productively and actively through the year due to the net proceeds of the event. Funds are used for beautification projects, security cameras, marketing and promotions and organizing and hosting free events for the community.
St. Pat’s in Five Points wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of businesses across the Midlands: Beverage South, KW Beverage, Wells Fargo, Checker Yellow, Green’s Beverages, Southern Wine and Spirits, Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina, Grow Financial, Columbia Fireflies, Law Offices of McCulloch & Schillaci, TD Bank, T-Mobile, The Fountain Division of W.P. Law, Kohl’s, BB&T, Cycle Center, McDonald’s, State Farm, Select Health, Barefoot Campus Outfitters, Delaney’s, Office Depot, Statewide Security Systems, Image 360, The Mobile Attic, Whole Foods, Image Ink, Five Points Association, and the City of Columbia.
For more information about the 35th Annual St. Pat’s in Five Points, please visitwww.StPatsColumbia.com.