COLUMBIA, S.C. (March 28, 2017) – The Five Points Association is welcoming the return of spring with the announcement of the 19th annual Five After Five, a free and family friendly outdoor concert series in the heart of Five Points, at the fountain. Patrons can expect to enjoy five evenings of great local music, brews, food and fun times starting in April, on the first Sunday of each month, through August. Previous seasons have been held on a Thursday evening.
Five After Five Highlights:
- Dates: April 2, May 7, June 4, July 2, August 6 // 4:30pm – 9:30pm
- Local brews, food, arts, and crafts vendors
- Enhanced family friendly entertainment, to include: sidewalk chalk, bubbles, face painting, and more
- Bands for each concert will be announced the previous month
April 2nd Concert Details:
- Prettier Than Matt
Prettier Than Matt’s motto is diversity and versatility combined with musical ability. The likeable duo has made a name for themselves in the Carolinas with a mixture of rock ‘n’ roll energy and acoustic accessibility that allows them to play in many different places, events, and situations and still appeal to a wide audience. They evoke a sense of pure fun on stage while also maintaining true talent. They’re described as Americana, pop, rock, and more.
- 76 & Sunny
Reigning from Columbia, South Carolina, 76 & Sunny has shown no sign of slowing down after forming in the spring of 2012 by University of South Carolina graduates. Deemed “Columbia’s college-rock favorite” by the Free Times, the band’s circuit continues to expand. Often compared to the likes of Sister Hazel, Matchbox Twenty and Hootie & the Blowfish, the band has built a large presence and following in Columbia for those who like nothing short of loud rock n’ roll.
- Brain Freeze Italian Ice – offering Italian Ice in assorted flavors, as well as kettle corn
- Pita Pit – offering assorted pitas and sides
- Village Idiot Pizza – offering cheese and pepperoni pizzas by the slice
Craft and Civic Vendors:
- Columbia Dog Wizard, Emerald’s Artistry Face Painting, Hippy Do Da Creations, SC Wildflours, Sun.Salt.Moon, and Sustainable Midlands
As always, Five After Five is FREE to the public, and patrons of all ages are encouraged to come enjoy the warm weather, music, food, and beverages. Each concert will take place at the Five Points fountain, from 4:30-9:30pm. Parking is available on all streets in Five Points and is free all day. Pets are welcome.
Five After Five wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of these companies in the Midlands: KW Beverage, Michelob Ultra, CJ’s, Crescent Construction, Village Idiot Pizza, Yesterday’s, Jake’s, The Bird Dog, Pawleys Front Porch, Pita Pit, Saluda’s, WXRY, and the City of Columbia.