COLUMBIA, S.C. – The Five Points Association is welcoming the return of spring with the announcement of the 18th Annual Five After Five, a free and family friendly outdoor concert series in the heart of Five Points, at the fountain. Patrons can expect to enjoy seven evenings of great local music, brews, food and fun times starting in April, and continuing on the fourth Thursday of each month until October.
Five After Five highlights:
- Dates: April 28, May 26, June 23, July 28, August 25, September 22, October 27, from 6:30-10pm
- Local brews, food, arts, and crafts vendors
- A neighborhood-wide “Wine Walk,” featuring complimentary wine, sales, and specials in all of your favorite retailers
- Enhanced family friendly entertainment, to include: sidewalk chalk, bubbles, face painting, and more
April 28th Concert Details
- David A. with Muscle Memory David Adedokun is a hometown hero from right here in Columbia, SC. He has played at many gigs in Five Points, and the locals enjoy his great acoustic tunes.
- Terence Young and Finesse The Finesse Band is a six member band from Columbia, SC that was founded by guitarist and CEO Terence J. Young. The band is composed of top musicians and vocalists in South Carolina and Georgia. In addition to high energy dance music, they also provide jazz music. The band consists of Terence Young on guitar and vocals, Sam Jenkins on bass guitar, Byron Counts on multi-keyboards and vocals, Mike Benson on drums, percussion and vocals, and Eric Mayweather and Latoya Patrice on lead and front vocals.
The Five Points Association, OnPoint Media, and the City of Columbia have teamed up in remembrance of fallen music legend, Prince. The fountain will be dyed purple this week. Additionally, Thursday’s concert will feature tributes throughout from Columbia native and long-time drummer for Prince, John Blackwell.
Neighborhood “Wine Walk”:
*Hours and specials vary depending on location
- 2G’s Clothing – take an additional 50% off all Anthropologie and Free People clothing
- Bluetile Skate Shop – Vans shoes for $29.99, plus all Huf footwear on sale at low prices!
- Good for the Sole Shoes – wine and lite bites, with $10 off every $50 spent for those wearing purple or who tell their favorite Prince song
- Natural Vibrations – 10% off storewide
- Petal – 10% off storewide
- Revente – complimentary wine, and donating 20% of sales to SC HIV AIDS Council, as a part of Dining Out For Life
- Sid & Nancy – complimentary wine
- STEEL GARDEN – 10% off storewide, excluding new arrivals
- Vestique – 10% off storewide
- Wildflower Boutique – 15% off one regularly priced item, plus an additional 15% off all sale items
- Pita Pit – offering assorted half pitas, including gyros, chicken Caesar, and more
- The Wurst Wagen – offering German sausages, potato salad, and kraut
- The Donut Guy – offering assorted mini donuts, boiled peanuts, and more
Arts & Crafts Vendors:
- Sup Dog Co., When You Were Dreaming, HotBrass & Co., and more!
As always, Five After Five is FREE to the public, and patrons of all ages are encouraged to come enjoy the warm weather, music, food, and beverages. Each concert will take place at the Five Points fountain, from 6:30-10:00pm. Parking is available on all streets in Five Points and is FREE after 6:00pm, when meters stop running. Pets are welcome.
Five After Five wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of these companies in the Midlands: KW Beverage, Bud Light, CJ’s, Village Idiot Pizza, Breakers Bar & Grill, Yesterday’s, Pinch, Jake’s, Pita Pit, WXRY, and the City of Columbia.
For more information about Five After Five, please visit www.FivePointsColumbia.com.