The Five Points Association welcomes the community to the third concert of this season’s Five After Five, a free and family friendly outdoor concert series in the heart of Five Points, at the fountain. Throughout the 19th season of this free event, patrons can expect to enjoy five evenings of great local music, brews, food and fun times starting in April, on the first Sunday of each month, through August. Previous seasons have been held on a Thursday evening.
Five After Five Highlights:
- Remaining Dates: June 4, July 2, August 6 // 5pm – 9pm
- Local food, arts, and crafts vendors
- Enhanced family friendly entertainment, to include: sidewalk chalk, bubbles, face painting, and more
- NEW FOR 2017! Members of Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) get one complimentary beer per concert this season
- NEW FOR 2017! Members of Pure Barre get one complimentary beer per concert this season
- Bands for each concert will be announced the previous month
June 4th Concert Details:
- The Herbie Jeffcoat Projekt (opener) The Herbie Jeffcoat Projekt, originating in Columbia, SC, exemplifies a liquefied mix of genres. The band consists of Herbie Jeffcoat (a rock guitarist), Whitney Keen (a gospel drummer), Brian Sansbury (a jazz pianist), and Mike Mills (a metal bassist). The Projekt is guaranteed to twist your head off with their unique funk fusion style.
- Atlas Road Crew (headliner) South Carolina rock ‘n’ roll, shot with southern soul accents. Formed in the fall of 2011, Atlas Road Crew is rapidly building one of the most loyal fan bases on the east coast, packing venues to capacity from South Carolina to New York City, and expanding quickly to major US cities in between. The overwhelming positive response to the band’s latest recorded effort, Halfway to Hopkins, produced by Grammy Award winning producer Rick Beato, has this young band quickly becoming the south east’s “must see” live act of 2017.
Bois Obscur (closing DJ) Bois Obscur hails from Columbia, SC and adds a unique twist to his sets, blending late 90’s and early 2000’s hip-hop/R&B with new club ready beats, as well as new electronic club music. No stranger to the big stage, he has opened for the likes of Skrillex and Charlotte, NC duo Styles&Complete. Unlike typical “house music,” Bois enjoys meandering in and out of tracks quickly to keep the set “alive”, as he puts it.