The weather’s cooler, so let’s toast it together with a little German and Germanesque beer and music. And, check out the new brand of the Main Street District!
The Whig – Straight to Ale Tap Takeover from 5 – 11:45 pm.https://www.facebook.com/events/578989032304779/
Uptown – Uptown is celebrating their 8th birthday. Stop by for a piece of birthday cake!
Cantina 76 – Stop by for their First Thursday 1/2 off Original House Margarita
Nest – Featuring baby and adult clothing by Owlette. Enjoy free Bourbon Lemonade and Bourbon Soda Shooters, as well as a sampling table of Nest’s delicious foods!
Walk through a colorful, knitted cityscape on the 1500 block. It’s the Yarnbombing of Columbia!
Columbia Museum of Art –
Admission to the galleries is only $5 all evening. Spark Tour begins at 7 pm.
Museum Shop – 50% off select merchandise! Make a purchase between 5 – 8 pm, and you’ll have a chance to win a $50 gift certificate.
- Whigtoberfest supporting Animal Mission of the Midlands. Live performances by The Distributors, The Poor Decisions, and more. Food by The Wurst Wagen & KC Hotdogs. Cash beer and wine bar by The Whig!! Featuring beers by Palmetto Brewing,Catawba, North Carolina, Hi-Wire Brewing, Sugar Creek Brewing and more.
- The cast of Trustus Theatre’s “The Rocky Horror Show” will be sneaking around the Art Museum at 6:30pm. Perhaps it’ll be time for all of us to do the “The Time Warp” again?
- Stop by the information tent for some special giveaways! First 100 people will receive free t-shirts and koozies from the Main Street District! At 6:45, Matt Kennell, CEO of City Center Partnership will give special remarks on the new look of the Main Street District.
Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse – Purchase a $50 gift card and receive an additional $10. Purchase a $100 gift card and receive an additional $25!
Anastasia & Friends Gallery (Free Times) – Opening reception of Document (s), a solo exhibition of photographs by Sean Rayford and the release of his book Inundated.https://www.facebook.com/events/652192994962155/
Drake’s Duck-in: Open until 7:30 pm. They have teamed up with @weirdbeerguysc and will be selling craft beer on the patio. Stop by and enjoy a cold one and some delicious chicken!
Main Street Public House – First Thursday 1/2 off select bottles of wine, and $1 off glasses of First Thursday house wine all night.
Mast General Store – Enjoy bluegrass with River Baby Bathwater Revival from 6 -7:30 pm.
The Nick – Member happy hour! Discount on beer and wine for members.
Michael’s Café & Catering – Enjoy musical performance by Prairie Willows and First Thursday beer and food specials.
Good Life Cafe – Good Life welcomes back the Palmetto Latin 5 Jazz Band from 7 – 10pmto satisfy your HOT HOT HOT salsa desires. They are also excited to announce that Olivia Thompson will be their featured artist for October. Olivia has a passion for a healthy conscious lifestyle and also art. She likes unconventional styles including collages, crafts, and paint-anythings that convey a positive concept. Lastly, they welcome the fall flavors by offering Noda Pumpkin pints for $4.00.
Grapes & Gallery – Featuring art by Allison C Fowler and photography by Tony Claremont. Happy Hour 4-7 pm with $5 off all bottles of wine and $4 craft beer specials. Painting session starts at 6 pm. Register for painting online at grapesandgallery.com.
Tapp’s Arts Center –
- Exhibit – Jasper project presents Marked By The Water. Opening from 6 -10 pm.
- After Party –Infinite Room After Party presents Carnaval , Release the Dog, and Pretty Static from 8:30 – 11 pm.
Gallery at City Hall – Opening reception of Zote Kuhusu Rangi (All About Colour) Art Exhibtion, featuring the wonderful works of Baruti Tucker (Staten Island, NY), John Hairston Jr. (Charlotte, NC), Jahsun (NJ, Charleston, SC) and Tariq Mix (Durham, NC). Also featuring performances from THE Dubber and Saraph Sunman.
Villa Tronco – Palmetto Opera singers. 6 -8:30 pm. Reservations are required. 803-256-7677. Stop by for a taste of fall with their special pumpkin cheesecake!