Nationwide, we are preparing to celebrate the achievements of African Americans across all mediums – including politics, education, the arts and sports. To mark Black History Month locally, Richland Library is hosting almost two dozen programs throughout February.
- February 1 – Film Screening: Tell Them We Are Rising
- February 3 – Stories with Dinah Johnson
- February 10 – Meet the Author: Kimberla Lawson Roby
- February 15 – Coloring the Conservation Conversation
- February 17 – February Busker
- February 17 – Voices of Our People
- February 25 – Black History Month Documentary: Homegoings
- March 1 – A Reading of the Drama of King Shotaway
To explore a complete list of our programs highlighting Black History Month, click here.