TERMINIX SERVICE, INC, the largest termite and pest control company in the Carolinas, presented a check for $14,000 to EdVenture to sponsor Half Price Admission Days, Homeschool Fridays, Storybook Ball and Indoor Adventure Day at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina in Myrtle Beach. The sponsorship will fund:
- A Half Price Admission day at EdVenture in the 2016-17 year. The entire museum will be open for a $5.75 admission charge to the public, half off the regular admission of $11.50. Special programming will include offerings from Terminix’s on-staff entomologist.
- Homeschool Fridays, which will kick off on September 2 and will benefit students ages 3-12 for nine months from September to May throughout the school year on the first Fridays of every month from 2:30–3:30 p.m. The Terminix entomologist will provide programs on Homeschool Fridays, in the subject areas of cooking, Maker activities, biology and engineering.
- EdVenture will host its 4th annual Storybook Ball on Saturday, November 19. The museum will be transformed into a series of storybook vignettes, giving visitors the chance to explore the worlds of their favorite literary characters.
- A Half Price Admission day at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina in Myrtle Beach, EdVenture’s sister museum. The venue is a wonderful addition to the Grand Strand as thousands of local visitors and tourists pass through the doors each year which makes for a fun and affordable alternative to a day on the beach. The entire museum will be open for a $4.00 admission to the public which is half off the regular admission of $8.00.
- Indoor Adventure Day at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina. The event will feature storytelling, plant and animal safety, live animals, art activities, fishing, animal tracking and outdoor Bingo.
“Terminix is not only making children’s museum visits less expensive for families in Columbia and Myrtle Beach, but also showcasing their knowledge of entomology for our visitors,” said Karen Coltrane, EdVenture’s president and CEO. “It’s a great way for children to experience a real-world application of science.”
About Terminix Service, Inc.
For more than 65 years, our customers have trusted Terminix Service, Inc. for the very best in termite and pest control protection for their homes and businesses. With annual revenue in excess of $100 million, family owned and operated Terminix Service, Inc. is the largest franchise of the Terminix International franchise system and the ninth largest pest control company in North America. Terminix Service, Inc. operates in South Carolina, western North Carolina and the Central Savannah River Area of Georgia.
The mission of EdVenture is to inspire children to experience the joy of learning. EdVenture is a locally-managed, not-for-profit informal educational institution dedicated to lifelong learning through its 92,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor interactive exhibit space and in its educational outreach programs and afterschool programs. The museum has welcomed visitors from all 50 states and 18 foreign countries, creating shared experiences and memories for families learning together.
Photo Caption: (l-r) were Lex Knox, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Terminix Service, Inc.; Allison Whittle, Director of External Relations; and Karen Coltrane, President and Chief Executive Officer, both of EdVenture.