The USC football starts a little later, so come on out and enjoy the jazz on Hampton Street, the art galleries, the bands on the 1600 block, the figurative show at Tapp’s and all the restaurant deals (and then maybe watch some football).
The Whig – Foothills Tap Night beginning at 5pm. $1 from each drink sold goes to benefit The Jasper Project https://www.facebook.com/events/477687009093628
Uptown – Open until 8 pm. Check out their new fall collection!
Cantina 76 – Stop by for their First Thursday 1/2 off Original House Margarita
Marriott – Enjoy a full bar on the patio, featuring refreshing Raspberry Vodka Lemonade and local craft beers. Watch the Gamecocks play on two big screen TVs!
Nest – Trunk show featuring fun jewelry and other products by Chris Marshall of Hippy Do Da Creations! There will also be free Bourbon Lemonade and Bourbon Soda Shooters. 6 – 10 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/1745352222393875/
Walk through a colorful, knitted cityscape on the 1500 block. It’s the Yarnbombing of Columbia!
Columbia Museum of Art –
- Museum Shop – Enjoy complimentary wine from 5-8pm
Hampton Street/Boyd Plaza-
- “Street Full of Jazz”- Stop by the ColaJazz stage at the corner or Main and Hampton! These are the proposed set times of the bands, but we may all be jamming together throughout it all and having a blast! Cash beer & wine bar by The Whig. 6-10 pm.
- Izms of Art presents Art on Boyd Plaza Featuring artists Jahvasha Johnson, Karl L. Larsen and Nancy Marine. 6 -9 pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/1111833088910281/
Anastasia & Friends Gallery (Free Times) – Opening reception of “TopsyTurvy” – a solo exhibition of works by Laura Garner https://www.facebook.com/events/1775300909354737/
Random Records – Pop-up sidewalk record stand with vintage vinyl for sale!
Drake’s Duck-in: Open until 7:30 pm. They have teamed up with @weirdbeerguysc and will be selling craft beer on the patio. Stop by and enjoy a cold one and some delicious chicken!
Mast General Store – Featuring singer/songwriter Marv Ward from 6-7:30 pm. He started playing at 10 years old and started performing professionally at age 16. Marv has secured his place among bluesmen with his straight-forward no-nonsense blues style.
The Nick – Nick Mag release party. 5-6:30pm This issue of the Nick Mag will cover the fall programming including Daughters, Nick for America, Columbia Jewish Film Festival, and more.
Michael’s Café & Catering – Enjoy live performance of Flat Out Strangers and food and beer specials. Featuring, “Back to Carolina”, a mixed media art show with works created by local artists.
Good Life Cafe – Palmetto Latin Jazz Band performing from 7-10 pm and featuring Alicia Barnes John’s artwork. Enjoy plenty of libation specials and salsa dancing.
Grapes & Gallery – $5 off bottles of wine and beer specials until 7 pm. Featuring artwork by Allison Fowler and photography by Tony Claremont.
Tapp’s Arts Center –
- Exhibit – 4th Annual Figure Out exhibition featuring over 50 local and nationally recognized artists. Proceeds from sales go to support Planned Parenthood and the artists. https://www.facebook.com/events/1078648862222715/
- After Party – Infinite Room presents the First Thursday After Party featuring Nepotism, The And’s and the Harsh Truth. Doors 8:30pm. Show 9pm. All Ages. $6
Villa Tronco – Palmetto Opera singers. 6 -8:30 pm. Reservations are required. 803-256-7677