COLUMBIA, S.C. (Feb. 6, 2014) – Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) is proud to announce its 2014 board of directors. The young professionals organization also hit a new milestone by growing its membership to more than 300 active members in January.
COR’s 2014 board of directors includes 14 returning members and seven new members, each selected from COR’s current membership. Jeff Lawler, chair, will lead the young professionals organization in partnership with Sarah Ford, chair-elect.
With more than 300 active members and an involved and passionate board, COR serves as the premiere place for young professionals to get involved in Columbia, states Lawler. We anticipate the positive impact each of our board members will make on our city during their service on COR’s board.
COR is excited to welcome seven talented Columbians to its board:
- Charles Appleby | Collins and Lacy, P.C.
- Dave Britt | Greater Rosewood Merchants Association
- Laura Corder | USC/Columbia Technology Incubator
- Andrew Epting | South Carolina Clean Energy Business Alliance
- Major William Hefty | United States Marine Corps
- Marshall Newton | Robinson McFadden & Moore
- Whitney Williams | ACE Glass
COR welcomes back 14 board members dedicated to serving COR’s mission:
- Chair: Jeff Lawler | 2nd Wind Heating & Air Conditioning
- Chair-elect: Sarah Ford | First Citizens Bank
- Treasurer: Chris Zimmer | BB&T
- Secretary: Vida Jennings | BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- Immediate Past Chair: David Laird | Central Carolina Community Foundation
- Evan Hobbs | The Hobbs Group, PA
- Kim Jamieson | Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism
- Sam Johnson | City of Columbia
- Alana Jordan | Big Eyed Bird Creative
- Tom Ledbetter | Enterprise Campus at Midlands Technical College
- Chris Near | Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart
- Chakisse Newton | Cardinal Consulting
- Linda Salane | Consultant and Executive Coach
- Allison Spry Waymyers | StudentsFirst
COR encourages Columbia’s young professionals to volunteer with COR at Hiring Our Heroes on Feb. 11, dine with Columbias top executives at a Table For Six networking dinner on Feb. 20, and join the movement by becoming a member at www.ourcor.org/become-a-member/