Single-game tickets for the 2018 Columbia Fireflies season will go on sale Friday, February 23 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets can be purchased online at FirefliesTickets.com, at the Fireflies Box Office at Spirit Communications Park or over the phone at 803-726-HITS.
The Fireflies will play 70 home games from April to August at Spirit Communications Park, beginning with Opening Day on Thursday, April 5 at 7:05 p.m. against the Augusta GreenJackets (San Francisco Giants). The 2018 promotional schedule will continue to dazzle fans of all ages, with 26 fireworks shows, 14 specialty theme nights, four national entertainment acts, five signature tasting events and collectable giveaways. Tasting events require special tickets and all in attendance must be 21 and up with proper ID.
The Fireflies bring back fan-favorite day of the week promotions as well: $2 Tuesdays, Trash the Poop Wag-Along Wednesdays, Budweiser Thirsty Thursdays™, BlueCross BlueShield Fireworks Fridays, Theme Night Saturdays with Fireworks and Future Scholar 529 Splash Sundays with team autographs.
Theme nights were announced on Fireflies social media last week, including homages to The Sandlot, Star Wars and Harry Potter. The Fireflies are excited to partner with the Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens for Zoo Night at Spirit Communications Park, and fans will see the return of national entertainment acts such as the ZOOperstars! and BirdZerk!
“Everyone here at the ballpark is fired up about what we planned for Fireflies fans this season,” said Fireflies team president John Katz. “Our marketing team has packed the calendar with a wide variety of theme nights and events to create another epic season at Spirit Communications Park. There truly is something exciting and memorable for everyone at every Fireflies game.”
The schedule of events at Spirit Communications Park this season also includes the University of South Carolina vs. College of Charleston baseball game on Wednesday, May 9. Tickets for that game are for sale and can be purchased at the Fireflies box office, online at FirefliesTickets.com or over the phone at 803-726-HITS.
2018 Columbia Fireflies Promotional Calendar
- Thursday, April 5: Opening Day*
- Thursday, April 5-Sunday, April 8: Magnet Schedule Giveaway pres. by Northpoint Heating & Air
- Saturday, April 7: 25th Anniversary of The Sandlot*
- Wednesday, April 11: Tasting Event – Burgers and Brews
- Friday, April 20: ZOOperstars!*
- Saturday, April 21: Halfway to Halloween*
- Thursday, May 3: Military Appreciation Night pres. by Navy Federal Credit Union
- Friday, May 4: Star Wars Night*
- Saturday, May 5: Cinco de Mayo*
- Wednesday, May 9: College of Charleston vs. University of South Carolina
- Saturday, May 12: Video Game Night*
- Tuesday, May 15: Tasting Event – Tacos and Tequila
- Saturday, May 26: Harry Potter Night*
- Sunday, May 27: Memorial Day Eve Fireworks Show*
- Monday, May 28: Military Card Set Giveaway pres. by AllSouth Federal Credit Union
- Tuesday, June 5: Fort Jackson Night
- Wednesday, June 6: Tasting Event: BBQ & Beer
- Thursday, June 7 & Friday, June 8*: Jake the Diamond Dog
- Saturday, June 9: Country Night pres. by AgFirst*
- Saturday, June 23: Dino Night pres. by Blanchard CAT*
- Thursday, June 28: Pro Wrestling Night
- Wednesday, July 4: Independence Day Celebration pres. by HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Columbia*
- Friday, July 6: BirdZerk!*
- Saturday, July 7: Superhero Night*
- Friday, July 20: First Responders Night*
- Saturday, July 21: 80’s Night*
- Tuesday, July 31: Tasting Event – Best Summer Cocktails
- Wednesday, August 8: ESPN The Ocho Night
- Thursday, August 9: Pink Night
- Saturday, August 11: Celebrate the Soda City*
- Friday, August 24: ZOOperstars!*
- Saturday, August 25: Zoo Night with Riverbanks Zoo*
- Wednesday, August 29: Tasting Event – Hops and Hot Wings
- Thursday, August 30: Final Home Game of the Regular Season*
*Indicates Postgame Fireworks
All giveaways, promotions, and event dates are subject to change.