The One SC Fund Grants Committee has announced the nonprofit recipients of the Phase Five grant awards for flood and hurricane recovery projects across South Carolina.
Phase Five grantees will receive $380,000 to support their projects. The grantees will provide volunteer labor and an additional $3.5 million in financial support for projects ranging from mold remediation to complete home rebuilds.
The following 8 nonprofit organizations will receive Phase Five grants from the One SC Fund:
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Charleston, Inc.: Mold Remediation and General Rebuild in Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Marion and Williamsburg Counties
- Darlington County Long Term Recovery Group: Mold Remediation and General Rebuild in Darlington County
- Home Works of America: Mold Remediation and General Rebuild in the Charleston Area
- Hearts & Heads Disaster Recovery: General Rebuild in All Disaster Declared Counties
- Lowcountry Community Action Agency, Inc: General Rebuild in Colleton and Hampton Counties
- Charleston County Human Services Commission: General Rebuild and Materials for Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties
- SVDP Diocesan Council of Charleston: House in a Box and Furnishings for 15 Midlands and Coastal Counties, including Clarendon County
- The Palmetto Project: Home Furnishings for 15 Midlands and Coastal Counties, including Clarendon County
To date, the One SC Fund, established by former Governor Nikki Haley in November 2015 after the thousand-year flood to help South Carolinians who are recovering from a disaster, has awarded $2,268,000 in grants to nonprofits to support flood recovery projects across our state, helping more than 1,123 families return home. In October 2016, the fund was expanded to provide relief and recovery assistance to those impacted by Hurricane Matthew.
There is still much work required to rebuild South Carolina from recent disasters – work that will require funding. Donations to the One SC Fund are being accepted and will continue the work of serving those impacted by disasters that have hit the state.
How to Donate to the One SC Fund
Those wishing to contribute to the One SC Fund can do so in the following ways:
- Online: Visit http://www.onescfund.org to make a donation with your credit card
- Mail: Send a check made payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC to: Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC, 2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 213, Columbia, SC 29204
About Central Carolina Community Foundation
Central Carolina Community Foundation – the Midlands’ expert on philanthropy – is a nonprofit organization serving 11 counties in the Midlands by distributing grants and scholarships and linking the resources of donors, nonprofits and area leaders to communities in need. Major initiatives include the Midlands Gives 24-hour online giving challenge (May 2, 2017), Connected Communities grants, the One SC Fund, the Best of Philanthropy Awards, annual scholarships, and more. For more information about the Foundation, visit www.yourfoundation.org or call 803.254.5601.