IABC/SC is proud to announce the 2017 Board of Directors. The Board consists of both returning members and new members.
The following were elected:
- President – Alison Shuman, corporate communications coordinator, Farm Bureau Insurance
- President Elect – Cynthia South, president, South Company
- Past-President – Kevin Floyd, director of marketing and communications, Murphy & Grantland, P.A.
- Secretary – Bailey Crafton, graphic artist, Nelson Mullins
- Vice President of Communications – Dickson Monk, executive director, Columbia World Affairs Council
- Vice President of Finance – Patrick Cobb, director of communications, AARP
- Vice President of Membership Development and Retention – Michael Ettlemyer, principal, MGE Communications
- Vice Presidents of Professional Development and Programs – Ginny Jones, senior public affairs specialist, SCANA
- Member-at-large – Kimberly South, communications specialist, Palmetto Health
The Board also consists of five directors who serve under a vice president. The director roles are designed to help surface potential officers, acquaint them with the inner workings of the chapter and be a senior advocate for the chapter.
The following members are serving as directors:
- Social Media Director – L.A. Sully, public affairs officer, United States Army Recruiting Battalion Columbia
- Lowcountry Outreach Director – Liz Guthridge, managing director, Connect Consulting Group
- Upstate Outreach Director – Mike Deas, principal, I.DEAS Abound
- Monthly Lunches Director – Todd Hudak, senior communications specialist, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- Special Events Director – Lauren Prettyman, media specialist, South Carolina Farm Bureau Federation
For more information on IABC/SC, visit http://sc.iabc.com.
IABC/SC links organizational, business communicators to a global network of communication professionals who develop, establish and adhere to the highest professional standards of quality and innovation in organizational/business communication. IABC/SC members gain access to a diverse network of 15,000 communication professionals in more than 80 countries worldwide, for unmatched networking and knowledge- sharing opportunities at events and online.